Health insurance cover, basically, is an agreement contracted between you and the insurance firm, and designed to protect you and your dependants against any financial constraints arising on account of a medical emergency. This article makes clear:
- What are the factors to be analyzed before going for an individual health insurance policy?
- What is guaranteed issue health insurance?
- Find details on No Medical Questions Health Insurance.
Granted, medical and preventive sciences have made huge strides in today's world; but it would be smart to fortify yourself with the best individual health insurance cover to protect yourself against any unforeseen calamity. Health insurance cover, basically, is an agreement contracted between you and the insurance firm, and designed to protect you and your dependants against any financial constraints arising on account of a medical emergency. Indeed, Can I Buy An Individual Health Insurance Policy?
Of course. If you are in the ranks of the unemployed, or have taken a decision to go back to school, or are self-employed, you may want to consider an individual health insurance policy.
The Options That You May First Want To Consider
- Check with your insurance company if you can have its group policy converted into an individual health insurance policy. While you probably would be paying a higher rate than earlier, and the benefits due to you could be limited, the terms would be more to your advantage than if you had to buy your own individual health insurance policy.
- If married, find out if your spouse's employer is willing to include you in its group policy.
- You could, as a final resort, buy an individual health insurance policy. Even though the insurance cover is limited and the rates high, you would still be ensuring protection for yourself or your family against any financial peril if you are suddenly confronted with a medical emergency or injury.
- Find yourself a good health insurance agent who would put you in touch with the best individual health insurance policy that offers you good value for money.
Individual Health Insurance Quotes
Indeed, you do have plenty of choices for individual health insurance quotes. They include:
- The PPO Plan or the Preferred Provider Orgnisation
- The HMO Plan or the Health Maintenance Organisation
- High Deductible Health Insurance( HDHP is the preferred choice of many on account of spiraling rates of health insurance quotes) and
- The Health Savings Accounts Qualified High Deductible Plan (HSA)
What Is the Definition of HMO and What Does It Offer You?
The Health Maintenance Organisation in general, is about the most affordable individual health insurance policy as its business model has been established around a high volume, plus the fact that the HMO and its medical service providers stand to receive a fixed sum of money each month regardless of whether the member is seen by the PCP or Primary Care Physician. In very simple terms, a contracted healthcare provider is one who would be providing healthcare services at a discount to the health plan insurance cover members in return for receiving health plan referrals. Because the HMO is receiving a fixed fee for your covered health care, it is in their best interests to ensure that all of your basic medical problems are well taken care of, before they become serious.
What is a PPO Health Plan?
The Preferred Provider Organisation is a combination of a HMO and the traditional Fee For Service. Very much like a HMO, the PPO health insurance member is faced with a limited choice of medical service providers and hospitals. When the member makes use of these providers (sometimes called network providers, and at other times preferred providers), most of your medical fees are paid for/covered. Usually there is a small copayment for each visit (an expense-sharing agreement in which the insured pays a particular amount for a certain type of medical service), and at the time of each visit, you present a card, and do not have to fill out forms. In a PPO you could utilize the services of a medical service provider who is not within the network and yet get some individual health insurance cover. However, a large portion of the medical expenses would be met by you.