N.H.17 Brahmavar , 576213
0820-2562656 , 0820-2563956
Email AddressInformation Not Available
Awards and AchievementsInformation Not Available
Areas of SpecializationGeneral Hospital
Other Hospitals in Udupi
Adarsha Multispeciality Hospital & Institute Of Cardio-Diabetes
Location: Near Service Bus Stand , 576101
Phone: 0820-2535289/2535290 , 0820-2535291
C.S.I.Lombard Memorial Hospital
Location: Mission Hospital Road , 576101
Phone: 0820-2527455 ,
Location: Behind Alankar Theatre , 577201
Phone: 0820-2521164 ,
Dr.A.V.Baliga Memorial Hospital
Location: 6Th Main, V.M Nagar Doddanguddi , 576102
Phone: 0820-2535299 ,
Location: Opp. Taluk Office, Karkala , 576101
Phone: 0820-2526501 ,
Location: Kallianpur, Udup , 576105
Phone: 0820-2580406 ,
Hi- Tech Medicare Hospital & Research Centre
Location: N.H.17, Ambalpady , 576103
Phone: 0820-52533331 , 0820-52533332/52533333
Location: Church Road, , 576222
Phone: 0820-2524180 , 0820-2223395/2524151
Location: K.M.Marg, , 570101
Phone: 0825-529817/529847 ,
Mahalaxmi Eye Clinic & Laser Centre
Specialization:Single Speciality Eye
Location: Andrade Arcade,1St Floor, Opp Syndicate Bank,K.M. Marg , 576101
Phone: 0820-2523909 ,
Location: N.H.17 Brahmavar , 576213
Phone: 0820-2562656 , 0820-2563956
Mallya Nursing Home
Location: Ananth Shayana, Karkala , 574104
Phone: 08258-230807 , 08258-235307
Location: Old Post Office Road, , 576101
Phone: 0820-2521828/2521928 ,
Newcity Multispeciality Hospital
Location: Opp Shanieshwara Temple,Vidyaranya Marg,Kadubettu , 576101
Phone: 0820-2593131 ,
Tip of Day
Medical insurance Policies - What it is and how it works
- What is the principle behind medical insurance policies?
- What are the questions that help you in understanding medical insurance policies?
- Find more details on medical savings account
Should you require your health care costs covered at a reasonable price, you have to accord medical insurance top priority- taking into account the spiraling expenses in health care and the consequent pressure on medical insurance premiums. In order to meet the demands of the continuously changing medical health insurance system, we have provided you with some information that may be the answer to understanding medical insurance policies:
- What sort of choices are there in medical insurance policies?
- How do I make the right choice of a medical health policy?
- Would it be all right to buy an individual policy?
- Should I fall unemployed, can I take my medical cover along with me?
- Where can I access more information regarding medical insurance?
Today we have a vast variety of affordable medical insurance policies. On the one side we have :
- the Traditional Indemnity Plans, and on the other
- the HMOs or the Health Maintenance Organisation. In between we have the
- PPOs ( Preferred Provider Organisations) plan and the
- POS(Point of Service )plan.
The latter two are hybrid variations of the traditional indemnity plans and the HMOs. While the HMO is normally credited with providing the customer the cheapest and most affordable health insurance but with minimal benefits, the indemnity plans are considered the most expensive but crediting with providing the customer maximum benefits.
Let's Start At the Very Beginning. What Does Indemnity Health Insurance Cover Mean?
- With an indemnity health cover you could use the service of any doctor or any other medical service provider. Either yourself or the provider forwards the bill to the insurer, and they reimburse the medical costs. Of course, first you would have to have had to pay the deductible (a deductible refers to a sum of money that you pay each year, upfront, for your medical costs, before your insurance firm starts to pay up).
- Most indemnity policies pay for a percentage of what is called the "usual and customary charge" reserved for covered medical service.The insurance firm pays 80% of these costs, and you would have to meet the coinsurance costs of the remaining 20%.( Coinsurance is the sum of money that you pay for medical services in a PPO or fee-for-service scheme, after you have borne the deductible). If the rates of the medical service provider are in excess of the customary charges, you would have to pay for excess cost and the coinsurance.
- Once your medical costs reach a given amount in a calendar year, the customary costs for the benefits covered would be met in full by the insurance firm, and you do not pay the coinsurance any longer.This concept is called an out-of-pocket maximum.As there are lifetime limits on policy benfits, it is better you opt for a policy that allows for a lifetime limit of a minimum of at least $1 million.